On November 1, 2016, Paterson Public School 6 was officially renamed The Senator Frank R. Lautenberg School (SFLS). The ceremony included special guests Superintendent Dr. Donnie Evans, Board President Dr. Christopher Irving, Congressman Bill Pascrell Jr., State Assemblyman Benjie Wimberly and Assemblywoman Shavonda Sumter. Ms. Ellen Lautenberg, daughter of Senator Lautenberg, spoke about her father's Paterson roots and how proud he'd be to have his name on our school. An aide to Mayor Joey torres read a proclamation from the city. Carlos Rodriguez and Rita Mitjans from ADP presented the school with a $25,000 donation to be used on technology and after-school programs. The new student radio station, WSLF debuted with a video. Finally, the new signage on the front of the school was unveiled while the Drum Corp provided the drumroll.
- Principal Boblyn Ranger-Dobbs
- Superintendent Donnie Evans (Part 1)
- Superintendent Donnie Evans (Part 2)
- Board President Christopher Irving
- Ellen Lautenberg
- Senator Lautenberg Video
- Student Poem
- WSFL Radio Video
- Proclamation from the City
- Carlos Rodriguez and Rita Mitjans from ADP
- Congressman Bill Pascrell Jr.
- Assemblyman Benjie Wimberly
- Assesmblywoman Shavonda Sumter
- Stellar Stallions Drumline
- New School Sign Unveiling